My daily Bible readings as of late have come from the first five books of the Old Testament. I will admit that much of Leviticus and Numbers lack the punch of the Exodus story, but God used this time in His Word to remind me of some “truths”. Here are a few things that He reminded me of:
- God’s love for us is complete in every way, as is evidenced by His constant provision & protection.
- God is a God of order, and expects His children to be the same.
- God is holy and desires personal holiness from His children.
- God is serious about sin (just take note of how He dealt with those caught in sin).
- God designed us to live and function in “community”.
- God desires (and deserves) our obedience.
- God’s design for man includes accountability: Accountability to Him as well as the authorities the He has placed in our lives.
- There are consequences for ignoring God’s plan and doing it our way.
To be all that God wants us to be we must apply these truths to our lives. I want to encourage you to keep your eyes on Jesus and remain faithful to the task at hand. You never know who is watching you. We’ve still got work to do!